- Concussion https://www.com/courses/61151/concussion-in-sports
- Heat Illness Prevention https://www.com/courses/61140/heat-illness-prevention
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest https://www.com/courses/61032/sudden-cardiac-arrest
- Sport-specific Course: (for non-teachers) https://nfhslearn.com/courses
This course does cost money and is required in your first 2 years of coaching.
Classes 1-3 above are offered free of charge. Please sign up for the course and place it into your account. The price will reflect $0.00. Proceed to your cart and purchase
*Certificates of completion must be turned into your Athletic Director prior to the start of each season*
Also required to Coach:
- CPR certification (good for 2 years)
- Athletic Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries (required once in your first 2 years of coaching) This course will provide participants with the knowledge and basic skills to recognize athletic injuries and treat them appropriately. The course fulfills the basic requirement for coaches in any public school for the state of Maryland, and is specifically designed for athletic coaches.
CCPS offers this one time each August free to CCPS coaches.
Calvert and St. Mary’s offer this in the winter and spring but for a fee.
Earn 1 CPD Credit
2-day course – must take both days to receive credit.